The Scientific Power of Meditation

Hello everyone!

Today I'm going to talk about a video called "The scientific power of meditation", as a summary, I can say that this video talks, through a scientific look, about what causes meditation in our bodies. It is mentioned that with meditation, a decrease in anxiety and depression has been recorded in the brain, along with increased tolerance to pain. Also, in Buddhist monks have shown that they have more empathy and more Alpha waves, which reduce negative associations, sadness, tension and anger and people who practice meditation have an autoimmune system more prepared to fight the flu.

So, watching this mini video, I felt that I should practice meditation yes or yes haha, I mean, we should all know a little more about this practice, in my case, I knew that meditation was very beneficial for health and other disciplines such as yoga and pilates and many people practice it.
But, I know that it is very difficult, because at least in my case I have tried to meditate something like 10 or 15 minutes, but it is very difficult for me, although I can concentrate, but for a short time, maybe because I am a dispersed person and for the same reason is not something that I decide to do very often. Anyway, I have realized in my little experience that sometimes I have managed to relax and it has even made me sleepy (I'm not sure if it should happen or not :c). By the way, in these quarantine and pandemic days, having a meditation practice would be a very good idea.

In general, during the pandemic I have been in good health with my family, we have been at home and we have everything we need. But, the last few days I must admit that I have felt more anxiety, I think the factors are mainly that we have been at home for a long time and with the same people, I miss sharing with my friends and the rest of the family and I don't like winter at all. 

In relation to the English class, I have always liked them a lot, it has not been difficult for me to understand the language, and it is partly because I have had very good teachers throughout my teaching. I hope that soon there will be a meeting to learn and practice among all.

Thank you very much for reading!




Comentarios

  1. Madelainne, I feel the same way when I saw the video, like "I have to do this thing right now!" and I also think that is a really hard practice but it can help a lot in this days with the pandemia and the quarentine. I´m happy that you and your family are ok and saved, I also miss my friends a lot, and I also hate winter hahahah. I hope you feel better soon :)

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hello friend, I agree with you that achieving concentration in meditation is difficult, it also happens to me that I manage to concentrate for a few minutes and then I lose focus. I have tried with short meditations, maybe it will help you, greetings

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Hi Maddie
    I also think that meditation is a good idea in this quarantine context.
    I'm glad that you and your family are well. I hope to see you soon. Regards :)
    @catarecamu

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Hello Maddie, it is very difficult to be locked up at home with the same people for so long; I absolutely understand you.
    Lots of encouragement and mental power.

    A big hug,
    Regards,
    @vicentevilchesp

    ResponderBorrar
  5. Hi there!! I also think I HAVE to practice meditation, but it's difficult because it's hard to concentrate even more in this time of quarantine. I been trying for now to do exercise but I'm also a dispersed person, and it's hard to focus this days. It is really good to know that you and your family is fine!!! I know that soon we will with our friends again but for now we have a lot of different ways to talk to them and maybe even see them. I hope that you and your family still good :33
    @androide.dan

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

English Language Challenges

My favourite piece of technology

Favourite memory of the year