Changes To My Study Programme
I chose to study psychology at the University of Chile, because precisely its study program was very interesting to me since I investigated about it. I consider it to be a fairly comprehensive program, since in the first year it is an introduction to the social sciences as such, to contextualize about the interdisciplinary area in which we develop both academically and professionally. We are exposed to subjects such as anthropology, philosophy, psychobiology, sociology, also Chilean social history to delve into the national context, among others that are introductory to the discipline such as personality psychology and basic psychological processes and basic learning processes.
In the second year, branches of psychology are already being taught as an in-depth discipline, in fact, it is considered the most difficult year of the degree, since branches such as psychopathology, developmental psychology, social psychology, and psychiatry are taught, among others. From these branches, there are already approaches to the areas of psychology work, and yes, I consider it the most difficult year so far, although the social outburst that just happened, changed and greatly influenced the methodology of these branches and in my case felt that the load eased a bit.
In the third year, that I am currently in, we are taught branches of the most common areas of work in psychology, these are educational psychology, psychology of work and organizations, community psychology, legal psychology and clinical psychology, in which we have been knowing of the context and history of each globally and nationally. From my opinion I find the subject very entertaining, obviously I have my favorites, and I consider it very important that these classes are taught since it is a necessary introduction to later choose with confidence in which field we are most interested in specializing.
However, the first year was very difficult for me, it was complicated to take the rhythm of university life, and share about me with people, because all my life I was in a public school, where I realized after I failed to learn many others things compared with my peers. I would have liked to have a subject that has been an "introduction to university life" (not just a one-week induction) or something where you have tried to level out certain knowledge among peers and implement tools for the process of adaptability to adult life, considering aspects such as being from the periphery, coming from a public or low-income school, previous knowledge, etc. Outside of that, I have been able to cope with my study program and feel comfortable with what I am studying.

Comentarios
Publicar un comentario