Personal Opinions
Hello everyone! Today I'm going to talk about "personal opinions". I must admit that my parents always instilled in me to be respectful of the rest, and as I grew up they always taught me that all opinions are valid, since we are all different beings and we will never be able to think the same way. Despite this, I grew up in a context (place where I have lived) where people talk a lot about the rest no matter what and I never really liked that.
I really like listening to different opinions, generally when I agree with one I make it known, and when I disagree I just keep silent and listen, I do not like to enter into discussions where the arguments are subjective opinions, therefore, they are all valid and each with their own thoughts. Although when the opinions are offensive towards someone else or disqualify or try to be imposed, I enter into discussion and try that the person who made the bad comment, reconsider what it have done, no matter who it is.
In my adolescence it affected me a lot how people thought about me, I always tried to do things well and do the “right thing”, it affected me that they found me a little fatter, or the fact that for other women having stretch marks or cellulite was something ugly, it caused me anxiety that I could have that "something ugly". Also, it bothered me that they told me that I should put on a little makeup to "look prettier".
I feel that in recent years, or since I started college maybe, these things stopped mattering to me, now I do not care what people think of me (if they do),I have realized that the people next to me are with me because they love me for who I am both internally and externally, and that in reality that is what matters, when I want to put on makeup or dress in clothes that do not match. Likewise, I stopped commenting on others or wondering about them, I assume that we all must go through this to grow and finally be happier with ourselves.
I really like listening to different opinions, generally when I agree with one I make it known, and when I disagree I just keep silent and listen, I do not like to enter into discussions where the arguments are subjective opinions, therefore, they are all valid and each with their own thoughts. Although when the opinions are offensive towards someone else or disqualify or try to be imposed, I enter into discussion and try that the person who made the bad comment, reconsider what it have done, no matter who it is.
In my adolescence it affected me a lot how people thought about me, I always tried to do things well and do the “right thing”, it affected me that they found me a little fatter, or the fact that for other women having stretch marks or cellulite was something ugly, it caused me anxiety that I could have that "something ugly". Also, it bothered me that they told me that I should put on a little makeup to "look prettier".
I feel that in recent years, or since I started college maybe, these things stopped mattering to me, now I do not care what people think of me (if they do),I have realized that the people next to me are with me because they love me for who I am both internally and externally, and that in reality that is what matters, when I want to put on makeup or dress in clothes that do not match. Likewise, I stopped commenting on others or wondering about them, I assume that we all must go through this to grow and finally be happier with ourselves.

Comentarios
Publicar un comentario